1. Some of the other patrons are even more of a problem than the theatre itself.
P. They make noises and create disturbances at their seats.
Q. Some act as if they were at home in their own living room watching the TV set.
R. People are often messy, so that you’re constantly aware of all the food they’re eating.
S. Many people in the theatre often show themselves to be inconsiderate.
6. People are also always moving around near you, creating a disturbance and interrupting your enjoyment of the movie.
1. A friend’s rudeness is much more damaging than a stranger’s.
P. You feel hurt instead of angry.
Q. You feel that you’re being taken for granted.
R. When a friend says sharply, “I don’t have time to talk to you just now.”
S. When a friend shows up late for lunch or a shopping trip, with no good reason,
6. Friends after all, are supposed to make up for the thoughtless cruelties of strangers.
1. The only choice
P. universities will be to
Q. tuition fees to meet
R. left before the Indian
S. substantially raise the
6. the rising expenditure
1. The salmon fish pushed themselves
P. to return to their spawning grounds
Q. and fertilized them
R. but once they laid their eggs
S. to their limits
6. they died
1. One of my friends Krishnan went to live in a village.
P. But it was a very slow animal.
Q. So Krishnan bought a donkey for 200 rupees.
R. One day his new neighbor told him that he must buy a donkey.
S. Every family there had a donkey to carry things for them.
6. It did not like to work
1. The next morning I found myself somewhat refreshed but very hungry.
P. I asked him to let me help unload the vessel.
Q. I noticed I was near a large ship.
R. I went at once to the captain.
S. It was unloading a cargo of pig iron.
6. I wanted to earn money for food.
1. He could not rise.
P. All at once, in the distance, he heard an elephant trumpet.
Q. He tried again with all his might but to no use.
R. The next moment he was on his feet.
S. He stepped into the river.
6. It was colder than usual.
1. Once there was a king.
P. On the next day a group of merchants passed on that way.
Q. The people in his kingdom were very lazy.
R. The king wanted to teach them a lesson.
S. One night he had arranged a big stone in the middle of the road.
6. They didn't move the stone, but passed round it.
1. The camel has tough leathery lips
P. that will not sink in the sand
Q. and a reserve of food supply
R. broadened feet
S. capable of consuming the coarsest vegetation
6. in its humps.
1. Poliomyelitis or polio is a serious infection.
P. It often attacks children paralysing them for life.
Q. In the 1950's a vaccine against the disease was introduced.
R. Hence it is sometimes called infantile paralysis.
S. It is caused by a virus.
6. Since then polio has been eliminated to a great extent.